Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This week

My friend Maria and I send each other emails every few days that consist of a list. The list is simple and contains items such as: 1.week 2. food 3. regularity (dont ask) 4. God 5. boys
We use this list as a starting point to tell each other whats going on in each area of our lives. I love it! and Maria's are so freaking hilarious! My point in telling this is that I wrote to her today about what God has been doing in my life and I'm really excited about it, so I thought I'd share....

Its so crazy to me how quickly I forget how soverign God is. Satan uses little things each day to distract me and keep me from realizing how amazing God is and how much he does for me. Well in the past week or so I have been pretty discouraged about some areas of my life and God has really used it to draw me close to Him. After some much needed advice from a good friend I started finding verses each day that really comfort me and remind me that God is in control and cares about every silly detail of my life. I started writing the verses on several index cards, taping them to my bathroom mirror and even writing them on the board in my classroom where the kids and I can both see them throughout the day.
Every time I start to get discouraged or dwell on things that upset me....i stop immediatley and pull out an index card or look at the board, or just pray the verse over and over in my head. It only takes a second but the peace it has brought me has been amazing. I have been trying to take everything i worry about to God and I feel better!!!! I love how God uses even the crappiest times in my life to teach me somthing about his character. I learned this week that God really is here every moment and He really CAN and WILL give me all that I need:) And to top it all off, it utrns out that things that seem like a big deal really arent when you realize that God has the master plan and is watching over you.

Here are a couple of the verses I have used:

-For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for your welfare, not destruction. To give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

-and you have been filled by Him, who is head over every ruler and authority. Colossions 2:10

-A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

2 comments:

lissie said...

great post! thanks for sharing with us. isn't it cool how something as simple as repeating scripture can completely change things. i guess we're told to "remain in [him]" for a reason. who'd've known?! ;)
aren't we dense sometimes/most of the time?

i like the idea of what you and maria do and can think of some girls that i need to start doing that with. thanks for sharing that idea.
and you know...we have to talk about regularity at hh tomorrow...have to! =)

lissie said...

you should join the cool kids and start blogging again!